A golf ball is one of the main tools of playing golf. To perform well, you need your equipment well and tidy. Let me tell you clear ways of How to clean golf balls. Golf balls get dirty most of the time. It is quite common for them. The main idea is to clean them properly. If you know how to wash golf balls. With constant practice, you will become a pro at it.
Why do you need clean golf balls?
If you want to play with a relaxed mind, then my friend, you need clean gears. Golf is a game we play to relieve stress. And the therapy won’t work if your equipment is not neat and tidy.
Be it a dirty clubface or a golf ball, and if it is not in its proper shape, this will affect your game.
That’s why a clean clubface and golf ball is very necessary for the game. Most people do not pay attention to this. They prefer to play without bothering. But it would be best if you didn’t do this.
In playing golf, there is a clear difference between the performance of a clean and dirty golf ball. A dirty golf ball that has debris on it affects your performance.
Your perfect stroke goes wrong because the ball does not follow a perfect hit. Similarly, a clean golf ball does wonders in your game.
There are many ways to clean golf balls. Let’s take a look at a few of them.
How To Clean Golf Balls At Home?
There are So many homemade methods that you can use to clean the golf balls.
- Cleaning with a golf ball cleaner
- Baking soda and vinegar
- Washing machine
- Rubbing Alcohol
1. Cleaning with a golf ball cleaner
Now gather the following supplies.
- A bucket or tub to put golf balls in.
- A brush for scrubbing.
- Detergent or dishwashing liquid.
- Fill the bucket with golf balls.
- Now add some DIY golf ball cleaner.
- Fill the bucket with enough water to drown the golf balls.
- Let them sit for half an hour.
- Now take a brush and scrub the golf ball.
Sinking the golf balls means for the debris to dissolve on its own. After half an hour, you will need to do mild scrubbing. And that will be enough to clean your golf balls.
However, do not wonder about DIY cleaners. You can make your own. Just mix any washing agent with water.
2. Baking soda and vinegar
Yet another basic cleaning method. We all have these two ingredients in our homes. And trust me, they can perform wonders.
- Take a bucket and fill it half with water.
- Add 1/4th of the vinegar. Now add two tablespoons of baking soda.
- Add golf balls into the bucket
- Let them sit for 15 minutes.
- Now scrub them with a mild brush
It is a very effective cleaning agent. When you soak the golf balls in ammonia solution, they come clean right away.
- Mix a little amount of ammonia in a bucket of water.
- Soak the golf balls in the bucket.
- Brush the balls one by one.
- You will get your clean golf balls.
4. Washing Machine
It is the fast and the best way to clean golf balls. Putting your golf balls in the washing machine will not only save your time but will also save your energy.
Also, it’s complete smart work. You do not even have to scrub the balls one by one with a brush.
- Turn on your washing machine.
- Now add the golf balls to the machine.
- Set the timer according to your demands
- And it’s done.
5- Rubbing Alcohol
Another easy method to clean a Golf ball is the use of rubbing alcohol. It’s a disinfectant and used in so many cleaning chores at home.
If you are wondering about how to wash golf balls with alcohol, then do not worry. The following method will help you.
The directions are simple.
- Soak the golf balls in some rubbing alcohol.
- After half an hour, clean them with some cotton swab.
- It’s a little time-consuming method but will make your golf balls look new. Plus, rubbing alcohol will neutralize the germs and fungus.
Cleaning with bleach is also a very simple method.
- Mix one part bleach with one part of water.
- Soak the golf balls in it for some time.
- Now clean with a bristle brush.
- Dry with a towel or napkin.
The above methods are a part of recycling golf balls. There is another method of getting clean golf balls. That is refurbishing them.
How To Refurbish Golf Balls
Refinishing golf balls or refurbishing them is a rather professional process. In this process, you sandblast the outer layer of the golf ball and paint them. After that, you can give a new logo and design to the ball according to your choice.
That’s why brand new golf balls are the best, but they cost you a lot more.
Difference between refurbishing and recycling golf balls.
Refurbished golf balls
The question arises many times in refurbishing golf balls. No doubt they become as good as new ones. But it has its drawbacks. The golf ball becomes smoother.
You can never tell the difference between the brand new and refurbished ones. But after some time, Refurbished golf balls lose their paint. Hence giving exposure to the layer underneath.
Recycled Golf Balls
It is a lot more reliable to use recycled golf balls. Because their paint does not peel off, also they perform way better in the course than sandblasted ones.
Because Recycling a golf ball means someone finds them and cleans them. After that, they are purchased by you. And you get your reclaimed golf balls.
So their performance will always outsmart the other balls.
This is pretty much everything on how to clean golf balls. Remember that with gradual practice, you will learn to clean them like a pro. Also, you will crave clean golf balls after checking their performance in the course.